The hamster is a cute little pet, whereas the cat is completely different from the hamster. Both of them belong to a different class of the animal kingdom. The hamster and the cats do not have any match and also they are not good with each other because one is considered prey and the other is considered the predator. There are so many differences that hamsters and cats do not have anything in common.
You will notice that the hamster and the cat are cool pets both in their own way but have no common point so you need to be very careful if you want to introduce them to each other. In this guide, we will discuss the topic of can hamsters and cats get along or not so that they can live happily and healthy life with or without each other depending upon the situation. But you need to keep in mind lots of things so that there is no problem when you are thinking to keep both of them as a pet.
Can hamster and cat get along?
The answer is a big no; the cat and the hamster cannot get along with each other at any cost which means that it is not a good idea to keep them together each other. The main reason is that the cat is the natural predator that will definitely attack the hamster because they are usually meant to attack rodents which is why it is a clear fact that the cat and the hamster are not at all good with each other.
The hamster is always at the risk with the cat so do not ever try to bring the hamster near to the cats because they will not leave a chance to attack the hamster. Cats usually attack or eat small animals and the hamster is definitely one of them. So you need to be careful with this combination in the beginning so that you do not take such a big risk as it will lead to the tragic end of the cute little hamster.
Can hamsters and cats live with each other?
The hamsters and the cats as such will not be able to live with each other and in order to make this possible the owners need to keep in mind this to avoid any accident, only then it is possible that the cat and the hamsters can live with each other. The more you will take care of the situation, the better it would be. But we personally recommend that this is not at all a good combination. But still, if you want them to live with each other you need to take into consideration lots of things that are listed below:-
- You need to make sure that the cat and the hamster do not have to face each other; they should be kept away from each other even if they are living under the same roof.
- The habitat of the hamster should be safe enough so that the cat is not able to enter it and attack the hamster and even the hamster is not able to escape from it because this will also be a risky situation for the hamsters.
- Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that no matter how well- behave or well-mannered the cat is you need to still keep your hamster away from them because maybe they will not attack the hamster for some time or for someday but one day they will definitely going to attack the hamster because it is their natural instinct.
- The hamster and the cat should not be left alone you should always supervise them in order to avoid any kind of mishappening and also the hamster can die if you will not supervise them properly and also you will notice that the hamsters are too small and they are just a prey for the cats.
- You should not allow the hamster and the cat to be with each other or roam freely with each other because this is not at all a good idea and it will one day cost you the life of your hamster. So make sure such situations do not rise. You should keep the hamster in a safe place where the cat is not able to reach them.
- The hamster is not able to defend themselves from the cats so there is no chance that they are safe with the cat or they have any chance that the cat will not harm them it will be just their lucky moment of the cat will not do anything to them. So you need to control all these situations for a safe and healthy environment.
These are some of the ways in which you can protect your hamster from the cats and also this will help you to make them live with each other so that no problems are created.
You need to be very careful with both of them and also need to keep them under your supervision so that the hamster is safe and the cat does not have any chance to be near the hamster and harm them in any form. But it is one of the most deadly combinations if you want to keep both of them as pets.
Are hamsters scared of cats?
The hamsters are of course scared of the cats because it is their natural instinct and they are very small in size and they stand no chance in front of the cats which is why they are scared of the cats and why they will not be because they have always been attacked by the cats.
Even the small cat can make them very scared and that will also stress them a lot which can lead to their death if they will get too scared they can get a heart attack and stress also leads to their death. So this tells the hamster is scared of the cats and that is why you need to keep your hamster calm when the cats are around them or both of them are living under the same roof.
The cats and the hamsters are naturally not meant for the same vicinity which is why they both of them do not get along with each other. The owners should not take the risk of keeping them together and even if they want to then keep in mind lots of things especially regarding the hamster because they are the ones whose life is under threat.
You need to be careful with both of the pets and supervise them whenever the cat is around the hamster. Make sure that the hamster does not get stressed much and that the cat does not get any chance to attack the hamster in any case. The hamster requires all kinds of safety as they rely on you for that and the cat should also be made to understand that they should not be around the hamster and for that keep both of them away from each other.